Tuesday 26 May 2020

Skyscraped:

I am here
in this city of unstitched seams
in this concrete and steel shell
where desire and ocean-breeze chase
the tail-lights of parked cars.

I am here
in this jungle of arid dreams
in this plastic and glass bucket
that chloroforms the mind to lose trace
of the many paths once sought.

I am here
in this refuse of encrusted screams
in this cardboard and interactive boredom
where time, cross-legged, seeks to replace
rituals from other cultures.

I am here
not alone but with a million memes
lonely in the myriad greetings
in the hand slap and double-edged face
waiting for unseen suns to set.

I have been here
since adulthood-themed
I earned a key, a briefcase
a set of files, faded, debased
unread by eyes blind to the ink.

I will be here
until ash becomes my scheme
is my attire, I retire then
to the hollowed mound embraced
asleep into someone else’s future.

No comments:

Post a Comment